Type:E-book, Lesson Plan
- Compare and contrast life in Kenya with life in the United States by gathering statistics and facts.
2. Discuss the similarities and differences between the two countries along with the most important issues facing each country.
3. Learn basic information about Kenya through viewing and discussing a PowerPoint presentation.
4. View video coverage of topics related to Kenya's 2007 elections, the economy, and the country's ethnic groups.
5. Discuss the national and international impact of the events profiled in the video coverage.
6. Conduct research about specific aspects of Kenyan life or political or social issues faced by the people.
7. Construct a group project and complete a presentation that illustrates student learning about the topic that was selected.
8. Participate in a final discussion about Kenya and draw conclusions about the struggles facing Kenya and the role of the U.S. and other world powers in these governmental issues.
- Social Studies > General
- Social Studies > Civics
- Social Studies > Current Events
- Social Studies > Geography
- Social Studies > Global Awareness
- Social Studies > Political Systems
- Social Studies > United States History
- Social Studies > World History
- Grade 9
- Grade 10
- Grade 11
- Grade 12
Access Privileges:Public - Available to anyone
License Deed:Creative Commons Attribution 3.0