Type:Graphic Organizer/Worksheet, Other
A board is cut from a cylindrical log as shown in the cross section on the activity sheet.
If the cant size is 8.3 inches and the log diameter is 15.8 inches , find the largest thickness, x, of a board of width 10.0 inches that can be cut on the side.
Activity Sheet on this webpage at British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Status: Worth A First Look
- Recommender: Tom Carey, University of Waterloo
- Notes: from a larger collection Table of Examples on the BCIT site: " See examples of how various areas of mathematics are applied to various areas of technology" of the BCIT Mathematics Department.
- Career & Technical Education > General
- Mathematics > General
- Higher Education
- Undergraduate-Upper Division
- Undergraduate-Lower Division
License Deed:Creative Commons Attribution 3.0