The resource has been added to your collection
Lesson Plan and PowerPoint Presentation on Equivalent Fractions
Grade Level: 6-8
Timeframe: 15 minute lesson
This resource has not yet been reviewed.
Not Rated Yet.
Stage 1: Outcomes to remain the same for all students.
(1) To visualize equivalent fractions
Equality between fractions
(1) Understanding what it means for fractions to be equal
(2) Understanding how to multiply/divide to find equivalent
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS, Overarching
(1) What is a fraction?
(2) When are two fractions equivalent?
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS, Topical
(1) How do you find equivalent fractions?
(2) How do you know if two fractions are equivalent?
Student will know….
(1)The meaning of equivalent fractions
Student will be able to….
(1) Identify equivalent fractions
(2) Multiply and divide in order to find equivalent fractions
(3) Understand and draw a diagram representing equivalency in fractions.
MAJOR LEARNING EXPERIENCES and Accompanying Resources:
Equivalent Fractions PowerPoint Presentation
Original Rights Holder, Christina K, Parlin School
Lesson Process: (Include steps in the lesson including activators and summarizers)
(1) Copy and paste above link into web browser. Click on the download button to download a PDF file of the lesson onto your computer.
(2) This lesson should be followed by (B) Adding and Subtracting Fractions
Our Terms of Service and Privacy Policies have changed. By logging in, you agree to our updated Terms and Policies.