Equality between fractions
(1) Understanding what it means for fractions to be equal
(2) Understanding how to multiply/divide to find equivalent fractions
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS, Overarching:
(1) What is a fraction?
(2) When are two fractions equivalent?
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS, Topical:
(1) How do you find equivalent fractions?
(2) How do you know if two fractions are equivalent?
Student will know:
(1) The meaning of equivalent fractions
Student will be able to:
(1) Identify equivalent fractions
(2) Multiply and divide in order to find equivalent fractions
(3) Understand and draw a diagram representing equivalency in fractions.
MAJOR LEARNING EXPERIENCES and Accompanying Resources:
PowerPoint Presentation: Equivalent Fractions
(1) Prepare your students for understanding and working with equivalent fractions with this PowerPoint Presentation.
NOTE: Original resource by Christina K, Parlin School