Type:E-book, Lesson Plan
- Understand the core values of American democracy and their relationship to the Declaration of Independence, their importance to a free and independent media, and their importance to the people who consume and produce information.
- Examine the results of a recent survey on student use of the Internet and compare their personal use with the survey’s results.
- Examine several examples of citizen journalism and evaluate its value to furthering the goals of a free press.
- Examine the use of “new media” and citizen journalism during the post-election protests in Iran and comment on their potential for creating political change in Iran.
- Information & Media Literacy > General
- Social Studies > General
- Grade 9
- Grade 10
- Grade 11
- Grade 12
Keywords:Iran democracy government civics social studies world journalism lesson plan media
Access Privileges:Public - Available to anyone
License Deed:Creative Commons Attribution 3.0