Type:E-book, Lesson Plan
- Locate Somalia on a map and become familiar with geography of the region.
2. Read articles about American involvement in Somalia and engage in class discussion about the article.
3. Learn the historical political relationships between Somalia, Ethiopia, and Eritrea.
4. Examine and analyze the evolution and ramifications of U.S. policy in Somalia.
5. Work in small groups to research and analyze the motives of key players in Somalia.
6. Participate in a mock policy committee to determine the most effective plan for restoring peace and stability to Somalia.
- Social Studies > General
- Social Studies > Current Events
- Social Studies > Geography
- Social Studies > Global Awareness
- Social Studies > Government
- Social Studies > Political Systems
- Social Studies > Research
- Social Studies > Thinking & Problem Solving
- Social Studies > World History
- Grade 9
- Grade 10
- Grade 11
- Grade 12
Keywords:Current events social studies civics geography political science communication arts or speech and debate
Access Privileges:Public - Available to anyone
License Deed:Creative Commons Attribution 3.0