Introduce the concept of multiplying fractions. Lasting Ideas & Results:
Multiplying and Simplifying Fractions Essential Question(s):
(1) What does it mean to multiply two fractions?
(2) How do you multiply fractions?
(3) What shortcuts can you take when multiplying fractions?
Desired Learner Outcomes:
Students will be able to…
Students will know…
(1) Multiply fractions.
(1) How to multiply fractions
(2) Simplify fractions before multiplying.
Introduce the concept of multiplying fractions with this video.
This lesson can be followed by Fraction Operations. This is an exercise that can be used to assess students’ mastery of fraction operations.
This video introduces the basic rules for multiplying fractions and solves several example problems.