The resource has been added to your collection
The NFL PLAY 60 Challenge is a program that educates and inspires kids to be physically active in school and at home for at least 60 minutes every day. The program also helps schools and youth organizations become places that encourage physically active lifestyles year-round. By leveraging the American Heart Association’s health expertise and the NFL’s commitment to physical fitness, schools and youth organizations can help us can achieve our goal of getting kids physically active for 60 minutes every day. All of the program materials are available for free download online and includes:
• A Teacher Guide with detailed instructions on how to implement the Challenge
• Game Planners to help students track their progress in the Challenge and evaluate their physical activity habits
• More than 60 great subject based lesson plans based on the curriculum standards for grades 6-8 that integrate physical activity or health education into each lesson
• Over 100 physical activity breaks and homework assignments help get your students active in the classroom and at home
• Take home resources for parents to help them support and encourage their kids to be active
• Ideas on how to incorporate physical activity in the classroom year-round
• And much more!
For more information and to download the free program materials, visit heart.org/PLAY60Challenge. Additionally, schools and organizations can register for the NFL PLAY 60 Challenge Online Tracker. The tracker is a tool to help teachers log and track their students’ progress during the 4-week Challenge. Teachers and students can compare their school’s results with other schools and youth organizations across the nation on the National Leaderboard using the real time data in the tracker. To learn more and for registration information, visit heart.org/PLAY60ChallengeTracker.
This resource has not yet been reviewed.
Not Rated Yet.