Type:E-book, Lesson Plan
- Gain an understanding of the role of Syria in 20th Century Middle Eastern politics.
2. Understand how the events after WWI created modern boundaries of the Middle Eastern countries and led to continued bitterness among many Arab countries.
3. Review brief histories of Syria's relations with its neighbors and the United States.
4. Evaluate Syria's success as a major political player in the Middle East.
5. Analyze how its relationship with terrorists groups has helped or hurt Syria's interests in the Middle East.
6. Hypothesize why Syria and the U.S. should find common ground in their relationship as it pertains to the future of the Middle East.
- Social Studies > General
- Social Studies > Current Events
- Social Studies > Global Awareness
- Social Studies > Government
- Social Studies > World History
- Grade 9
- Grade 10
- Grade 11
- Grade 12
Keywords:Syria Middle East current events world world history history social studies Mid-east Arab
Access Privileges:Public - Available to anyone
License Deed:Creative Commons Attribution 3.0