- Recognize notable inaugural practices and precedents established during our nation’s history and the contributions each President has made to the Inaugural tradition.
2. Identify the key themes and issues contained in a Presidential Inaugural Address while examining the historical context surrounding each specific Inaugural event.
3. Examine the use of political rhetoric in Inaugural speeches and its impact on the audience.
4. Identify and analyze issues and controversies relating to the Inauguration of President-Elect Barack Obama
This lesson was designed to support the.News video “A Historical Perspective on the Inauguration.” The video can be found online at http://www.pbs.org/newshour/thenews/thevote/
- Social Studies > General
- Social Studies > Civics
- Social Studies > United States Government
- Social Studies > United States History
- Grade 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
- Grade 9
- Grade 10
- Grade 11
- Grade 12
Keywords:government election president
License Deed:Creative Commons Attribution 3.0