Type:E-book, Lesson Plan
Students will create a PowerPoint presentation illustrating the life of children in Great Britain during World War II. Students will also write a first-person narrative as a child in Great Britain during World War II. Students will answer a variety of questions to help gain understanding of what life was like for families of World War II.
- What was life like for the children in Great Britain during World War II?
- What hardships and sacrifices did the people of Great Britain go through during World War II?
- How is life for children different during war and peace time? How does war disrupt families?
- What are the consequences of war beyond the battlefield?
Students will explain the hardships faced by common citizens during World War II and understand the role of children during World War II. Students will also understand how geography influenced the decisions and actions of parents in London to send their children to the countryside of England during World War II.
- Educational Technology > General
- Educational Technology > Integrating Technology into the Classroom
- Educational Technology > Using Multimedia & the Internet
- Social Studies > General
- Social Studies > World History
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Grade 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
Keywords:nortel learnit nortellearnit social studies world war ii wwii powerpoint
License Deed:Creative Commons Attribution 3.0