The resource has been added to your collection
The Origins of Life Tutorial includes the following sections:
1. Precambrian Times (Most Ancient)All time before life existed, Earth was still a volatile environment, though the origins of life came around during this period.
2. Cambrian PeriodThe development of multi-cellular organisms, including sponges, primitive animals and various plant life, diversifying from old species
3. Ordovician > Permian PeriodsThe transition from primitive species to specialised organisms, the increasing of genetic diversity via sex, and the transition from sea to land
4. Triassic / Jurassic Periods
The arrival and dominance of dinosaurs in the air, land and sea, and how they developed from their ancestors and the causalities of their existence
5. Cretaceous PeriodThe removal of dinosaurs from planet Earth and the emergence of mammals and other more complex organisms
6. Tertiary PeriodThe evolution of man and further diversification of all species to present date. The transition of Neanderthal man to modern man.
7. Quaternary PeriodThe evolution of man and further diversification of all species to present date. The transition of Neanderthal man to modern man, and how our dominance of planet Earth has directly shaped the future timeline of planet Earth.
This resource is part of the Biology Links for One Laptop Per Child course which contains units on Exploring Life; The Cell; Genetics; Mechanisms of Evolution; The Evolutionary History of Biological Diversity; Plant Form and Function; Animal Form and Function; Ecology; and Astrobiology.
This resource has not yet been reviewed.
Not Rated Yet.