The first in our Best Practice communication tools series of Video Vignettes, focuses on What is Lesson Study: developing the "eyes to see children"? View lesson study definitions and videos (with scripts and storyboards).
Lesson Study is teachers working collaboratively to:
- define attitudes and habits that will help students become "ideal learners."
- analyze student needs and develop lessons and learning environments to meet those needs
- consider long-term goals for students, bring those goals to life in actual "research lessons," and collaboratively observe, discuss, and refine the lessons
- conduct the lesson, with one team member teaching and others gathering evidence on student learning and development.
The following video segments (with script and storyboard) explain:
- What is Lesson Study?
- What is included in the Lesson Script?
- What is the importance of team collaboration?
- What is the role of observers?
- What is the purpose of debriefing?
- What differences are there between teaching the research lessons the first and the second time?
- How do you measure the success of a Lesson Study?
- Educational Technology > General
- Educational Technology > Integrating Technology into the Classroom
- Educational Technology > Using Multimedia & the Internet
- Professional Education & Development
- Higher Education
- Undergraduate-Upper Division
- Undergraduate-Lower Division
Keywords:Lesson Study Segments best practices lesson study millennial constructivism integration inquiry-based problem-based technology-infused
Access Privileges:Public - Available to anyone
License Deed:Creative Commons Attribution 3.0