This resource is a punctuation worksheet for students in grade 9. It is a list of 30 sentences. The student is asked to add commas, semicolons and colons when needed. Some sentences require no additions. This would be good practice for students in grade 9. While there is no answer key provided, one could be created easily.
Not Rated Yet.
Comp 9 Punctuation Worksheet
Add punctuation to each of the following sentences where it is needed. You will use commas, semicolons, and colons. Some sentences may not need punctuation.
1. The Sering's grow peas beans and squash in their garden.
2. During a full moon Matt turns into a werewolf.
3. The cat enjoys lying in the sun and playing with its catnip toy.
4. John Alex and Maddie were invited to Emily's party Derek was not.
5. If you dont show up to work on time you will be fired.
6. I like many sports especially pickle ball shuffleboard and kickball.
7. David is interested in knitting consequently he signed up for a class at the Senior Center.
8. Kristas insect collection includes ants scorpions and tarantulas.
9. Before you begin painting gather the following things a brush an easel and paints.
10. Running as fast as she could Brittany crossed the finish line ahead of her competitors.
11. That is a dirty rusty car you are driving Colin.
12. After the storm ended there was a huge mess to clean up.
13. Im not sure why Jared brought a dolphin to school.
14. Both Kristens were abducted by aliens but they escaped from the ship.
15. Make sure you dot your is and cross your ts.
16. Yes I thought the Fitzsimmon's dog had rabies too.
17. Everyone needs the same basic things food water and shelter.
18. Gosh that stings.
19. Three of the girls Trapper Keepers were stolen.
20. Peter you really should start showering more often.
21. There are two Matts two Kristens and two Kaylas in this class.
22. Exhausted by the workout Kara sat on the bleachers and caught her breath.
23. The room was filled with flying ants when I got to school.
24. Andrew got bird flu and he puked all over Mr. Murphy.
25. If you want to go to Disneyworld youd better eat your peas Rachel.
26. When he landed on the moon Chris mooned the video camera.
27. I think Dayne has leprosy one of his arms just fell off.
28. Brett you didn’t teepee the Lovejoy's house did you?
29. Three little old ladies beat up Billy with their walkers.
30. Lizzie wanted the last piece of taco pizza however Joe grabbed it when she wasnt looking.