- Calculate the density of a 30.0 gram substance with a volume of 245.0 ml.
2. Which has a greater density, a 100.0 gram substance with a volume of 2 000.0 mL or a 100.0 gram substance with a volume of 2.00 liters? Show your work.
3. If an object’s mass increased, what would you have to do to its volume to keep its density the same?
4. If a substance has a density of 20.0 g/mL and a mass of 234 g, what is its volume?
5. If a substance has a mass of 0.003 22 kg and a density of 2.324 g/mL, what is its volume? (Careful…watch your units)
6. A chemist, trying to identify the main component of a compact disc cleaning fluid, finds that 25.00 cm3 of the substance has a mass of 19.625g at 20?C. The following are the names and densities of the compounds that might be the main components. Which of these compounds is the most likely to be the main component of the compact disc cleaner?
Compounds and their densities (in g/cm3
@ 20 degrees C)
Diethyl ether- 0.714
Isopropyl alcohol- 0.785