Equality between fractions ENDURING UNDERSTANDINGS: (1) Understanding what it means for fractions to be equal
(2) Understanding how to multiply/divide to find equivalent fractions ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS, Overarching: (1) What is a fraction?
(2) When are two fractions equivalent? ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS, Topical: (1) How do you find equivalent fractions?
(2) How do you know if two fractions are equivalent? STUDENT OUTCOMES: Student will know:
(1) The meaning of equivalent fractions Student will be able to:
(1) Identify equivalent fractions
(2) Multiply and divide in order to find equivalent fractions
(3) Understand and draw a diagram representing equivalency in fractions. MAJOR LEARNING EXPERIENCES and Accompanying Resources: PowerPoint Presentation: Equivalent Fractions (1) Prepare your students for understanding and working with equivalent fractions with this PowerPoint Presentation. NOTE: Original resource by Christina K, Parlin School