Lasting Ideas & Results:
(1) Understanding what it means for fractions to be equal
(2) Understanding how to multiply/divide to find equivalent fractions Essential Question(s):
(1) What is a fraction?
(2) When are two fractions equivalent?
(3) How do you find equivalent fractions?
(4) How do you know if two fractions are equivalent? Desired Learner Outcomes:
|Students will be able to…||Students will know…|
|(1) Identify equivalent fractions||(1)The meaning of equivalent fractions|
|(2) Multiply and divide in order to find equivalent fractions|| |
|3) Understand and draw a diagram representing equivalency in fractions.|| |
Open the Equivalent Fractions PowerPoint Presentation
and present as whole class activity. Materials: Equivalent Fractions PowerPoint Presentation