The resource has been added to your collection
Grade Level: 6-12
This resource has not yet been reviewed.
Not Rated Yet.
This video introduces the concepts of multiplying fractions.
(1) Multiplying and Simplifying Fractions
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS, Overarching:
(1) What does it mean to multiply two fractions?
ESSENTIAL QUESTIONS, Topical:
(1) How do you multiply fractions?
(2) What shortcuts can you take when multiplying fractions?
Student will know…
(1) How to multiply fractions
Student will be able to…
(1) Multiply fractions.
(2) Simplify fractions before multiplying.
Video: Multiplying Fractions
(1) View video with students or allow students to view independently, in small groups, or as a homework assignment.
(2) Follow this lesson by (D) Fraction Operations, an exercise that can be used to assess students’ mastery of fraction operations.
See Fraction Operations Lesson for ways to differentiate.
NOTE: Video created by Khan Institute
Our Terms of Service and Privacy Policies have changed. By logging in, you agree to our updated Terms and Policies.