1) Name the three types of mixtures and give one example of each. Which one has the smallest particle size? mixtureexample
2) What are the differences between endothermic and exothermic reactions?
3) What are the two general types of solids? Give one example of each.
4) How would you make a supersaturated solution of lemonade?
5) Name 3 ways I could get rock salt to dissolve faster in a container of water.
6) You leave a sealed glass beaker filled about half full with water sitting on your kitchen table this morning. Describe in detail (in terms of (1) equilibrium & (2) vapor pressure) what is happening inside this beaker over the next hour or so.
When you come home this afternoon, you decide to put this same beaker in a sunny window. Describe how the equilibrium and vapor pressure are affected.
7) What is an electrolyte? Which compounds are always electrolytes? Give an example. 8) change of state name solid ? liquid solid ? gas liquid ? solid liquid ? gas gas ? liquid gas ? solid
9) Give an example of dissociation.
10) Give an example of ionization. How is this different from dissociation?
Part II – Problems 11) What is the molarity of a solution composed of 21.0 g CaSO4 dissolved in enough water to make 439 mL of solution?
12) How many grams of glucose (C6H12O6) are needed to make a 0.375 M solution in 543 mL H2O?
13) What is the molarity of a solution of 44.0 g of Na3PO4 dissolved in 512 mL of water?
14) How many mL of water are needed to produce a 1.540 M solution from 39.08g of Cu(NO3)2?
15) What is the molarity of a solution prepared by dissolving 68.2g of glucose (C6H12O6) in 122.8 mL of water?
16) What is the molarity of a solution composed of 34.4g KI dissolved in enough water to make 215.0 mL of solution?
17) How many grams of methanol (CH3OH) are needed to make a 0.750 M solution in 0.725 L of H2O?
18) What volume of solution is needed to make a 1.25 M solution from 415g of Ba(NO3)2?
19) Consider the following balanced equation: 6AgNO3(aq) + Al2(CO3)3(aq) ? 2Al(NO3)3(aq) + 3Ag2CO3(s) (1) Write the overall ionic equation; (2) write the net ionic equation; and (3) identify the spectator ions.
20) Consider the following balanced equation: Fe2(SO3)3aq) + 6LiCl(aq) ? 3Li2SO3(s) + 2FeCl3(aq) (1) Write the overall ionic equation; (2) write the net ionic equation; and (3) identify the spectator ions.