Second quiz for the unit on drama and Romeo and Juliet.
Language Arts > General
Language Arts > Literature
Public - Available to anyone
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
This resource has not yet been aligned.
'NR' - This resource has not been rated
'NR' - This resource has not been rated
This resource has not yet been reviewed.
Not Rated Yet.
Drama Unit - Quiz Two
Part I ? Character Identification
For each description, mark the letter of the appropriate character. YOU MAY USE SOME LETTERS MORE THAN ONCE. YOU MAY NOT USE ALL THE LETTERS.
1. _ killed Mercutio a. Mercutio 2. _ said, ?Romeo slew Tybalt. Romeo must not live.? b. Juliet 3. _ said that Romeo must leave Verona c. Paris 4. _ teased Juliet, not giving her Romeo?s message d. Tybalt 5. _ will turn 14 on Lammas Eve e. Lady Capulet 6. _ killed Tybalt f. Romeo 7. _ raised Juliet from a child g. Prince Escalus 8. _ always tries to keep the peace h. Nurse 9. _ asks for Juliet?s hand in marriage i. Sampson 10. _ gets angry when he sees Romeo at the party j. Friar Lawrence 11. _ says, ?A curse on both your houses.? k. Benvolio 12. _ agrees to perform Romeo and Juliet?s wedding ceremony l. Balthazar
Part II ? Matching
For each definition, mark the letter of the appropriate term. YOU WILL NOT USE ALL THE LETTERS.
13. _ form of language spoken by a group of people a. verbal irony 14. _ when the opposite of what we expect happens b. setting 15. _ to restate something in your own words c. theme 16. _ a long speech by a character alone on the stage d. foreshadowing 17. _ a short speech intended for only the audience to hear e. dialect 18. _ the time and place of the action f. paraphrase 19. _ the central or main message of the play or story g. aside 20. _ a character that highlights the traits of another character h. flashback 21. _ unrhymed lines of iambic pentameter i. stage directions 22. _ hints or clues about what?s going to happen in the future j. round character 23. _ when someone says the opposite of what she means k. dramatic foil 24. _ takes the story back in time l. situational irony 25. _ words written in italics; not meant to be read aloud m. soliloquy 26. _ the audience knows something before the characters do n. blank verse p. dramatic irony
Part III ? Figurative Language
For each quote, write S if it is a simile, M if it is a metaphor, and P if it is personification.
27. _ What light through yonder window breaks? It is the East, and Juliet is the sun. 28. _ Her eyes speak, but not to me. 29. _ My love is as deep as the deepest sea. 30. _ The bud of our love will bloom when we next meet. 31. _ Rise fair sun and kill the jealous moon, who is sick and pale with grief. 32. _ I have no joy about our love tonight?it is like lightning?
Part IV ? Multiple Choice
Choose the BEST answer to each question.
33. What is the setting of Act II, scene 2? (Hint: This is where Romeo compares Juliet to the sun.) a. the party b. the balcony c. the streets of Verona d. the sycamore grove
34. How does Romeo find out about the Capulet party? a. Paris tells him b. Mercutio finds out from his uncle, the Prince and tells Romeo c. A servant of the Capulets asks Romeo to read the invitation for him d. He overhears Lord Capulet talking to his wife about the party
35. Why does Tybalt get so angry at the Capulet party? a. He wants to dance with Juliet, but she won?t dance with him. b. Someone else is wearing the same shirt he is wearing. c. Someone stole his sword. d. He sees Romeo, a Montague, and gets angry at him for being there.
36. Why isn?t Romeo sentenced to death after he kills Tybalt? a. because Romeo was only doing what the law said should be done. b. because no one can prove that Romeo killed Tybalt. c. because Romeo is a relative of Prince Escalus. d. because Romeo?s father bribes the Prince and begs him to let Romeo live
Part V ? Short Answer
Answer each of the following.
37. Mercutio jokes that Benvolio has started many fights. Name one of the fights he mentions.
38. After Tybalt calls Romeo a villain, why does Romeo ?excuse the insult??
39. Why does the Nurse wait so long to tell Juliet about Romeo?s plan for their wedding?
40. Fill in the blanks of this quote by Mercutio:
? Just one of your __ lives, __. If need be, I?ll cut up the other __.?