Type:E-book, Lesson Plan
Students will: Study the Supreme Court case Hazelwood School District v. Kuhlmeier and how it affects censorship in public schools. 2. Work together in groups to discuss the impact the case has for a series of hypothetical scenarios.
3. Discuss their opinions and judgements as a class.
4. Apply their research skills by writing about where they think censorship belongs in public schools.
- Education > General
- Language Arts > General
- Language Arts > Listening & Speaking
- Language Arts > Research
- Language Arts > Writing
- Social Studies > General
- Social Studies > Civics
- Social Studies > Government
- Social Studies > Research
- Social Studies > Thinking & Problem Solving
- Social Studies > United States Government
- Social Studies > United States History
- Grade 9
- Grade 10
- Grade 11
- Grade 12
Keywords:Secondary current events social studies communication arts journalism censorship Supreme Court Hazelwood public schools
Access Privileges:Public - Available to anyone
License Deed:Creative Commons Attribution 3.0