- Created by: Alexander Juden, Southwestern College
2. Type of activity: hands on activity
3. Course level: Intermediate Algebra
4. Topic: Motion
- Tape measure
- Two battery powered toy trains (cars, or other) that can travel on the tray of the whiteboard at a constant velocity (ideally, the two trains will have different velocities).
6. Time required: 30+ minutes
7. Description: The purpose of this lab is to investigate motion, and the use of the equation d=rt. The velocity of each train will be determined, and then the class will calculate the time/location of a collision between these two trains.
- Mathematics > General
- Mathematics > Algebra
- Higher Education
- Undergraduate-Upper Division
- Undergraduate-Lower Division
Keywords:intermediate algebra rate
License Deed:Creative Commons Attribution 3.0