1) A sample of gas occupies 8.00 liters at STP. What will be its volume at 273 K and 1200.0 mm Hg?
2) What volume will 200.0 mL of gas at 327ºC occupy if it is cooled to 27.0ºC under constant pressure?
3) A sample of gas occupies 275 mL at 52.0ºC and 720.0 mm Hg. What will be its volume at 77.0ºC and 788 mm Hg?
4) What volume is occupied by 0.250 g of O2
at 25.0ºC and 155.500 kPa?
5) What is the molecular mass of a gas if 1.55g of the gas occupies 560. mL at 27.0ºC and 2.25 atm?
6) A 250. mL sample of oxygen is collected over water at 25.0ºC and 760.0 mm Hg pressure. What is the pressure of the dry gas alone?
7) A 32.0 mL sample of hydrogen is collected over water at 20.0ºC and 750.0 mm Hg. What is the volume of the dry gas at STP?
8) Given the reaction: KClO3(s)
How many grams of KClO3 are required to produce 30.0 liters of O2 at 27.0ºC and 745 mm Hg?
9) Given the reaction: Al(s)
If 0.755g of Al react with an excess of HCl, how many liters of H2
will be produced at 22.0ºC and 0.988 atm?
10) How many grams of copper are required to produce 225 mL of NO collected by displacement of water at 29.0ºC and 748 mm Hg?
11) A liquid was analyzed to be 54.5%C, 9.10%H, and 36.4%O. An empty flask, whose mass was 45.32g, when filled with the vapor of the liquid at 735 mm Hg and 99.2ºC had a mass of 46.05g. The volume of the flask was found to be 263.2 mL. What is the empirical and molecular formula of the compound?
12) The density of an unknown gas at 20.0ºC and 749 mm Hg is 1.31 g/liter. Calculate its molecular mass.