1) A sample of air has a volume of 140.0 mL at 67.0ºC. To what temperature must the gas be lowered to reduce its volume to 50.0 mL at constant pressure?
2) To what temperature must a sample of nitrogen at 27ºC and 0.625 atm be heated so that its pressure becomes 1.125 atm at constant volume?
3) A 350 mL air sample collected at 35ºC has a pressure of 550 mm Hg. What presure will the air exert if it is allowed to expand to 425 mL at 57ºC
4) A sample of oxygen at 40.0ºC occupies 820. mL. If this sample occupies 1250 mL at 60.0ºC and 1.40 atm, what was its original pressure?
5) Three of the primary components of oxygen are carbon dioxide, oxygen, and nitrogen. In a sample containing a mixture of these gases at 1.00 atm pressure, the partial pressures of carbon dioxide and nitrogen are given as: PCO2
= 0.285 mm Hg and PN2
= 593.525 mm Hg. What is the partial pressure of oxygen?
6) Determine the partial pressure of oxygen collected by water displacement if the water temperature is 20.0ºC and the total pressure of the gases in the collection bottle is 730.0 mm Hg.
7) A sample of gas is collected over water at a temperature of 35.0ºC when the barometric pressure reading is 742.0 mm Hg. What is the partial pressure of the dry gas?